Information on the civil and religious wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Ms Charlene Wittstock .
The civil wedding took place on Friday 1st July 2011 at 5pm in the Throne Room of the Palace of Monaco.
It was celebrated by Philippe Narmino, Director of the Judicial Services and President of the Council of State.
The religious ceremony took place on Saturday 2nd July 2011 at 5pm in the Main Courtyard of the Palace of Monaco, where Mass was celebrated by Archbishop Bernard Barsi.
The gates to the Palace remained open to enable some 3 500 guests to be seated for the ceremony, which was broadcasted on giant screens.
The official dinner, followed by a ball, took place in the Opera Garnier.
On this occasion, Friday 1st July 2011 and Saturday 2nd July 2011 were public holidays.
PROGRAM OF THE WEDDING (Download the programm)
FRIDAY 1st JULY 2011
- 5.00pm : Civil wedding in the Throne Room of the Prince's Palace.
- The Monegasques could follow the ceremony on giant screens located on Palace Square. The Square was accessible to Monegasques and their families from 4pm onwards.
- 5.50pm : After the ceremony, the newly-wedded couple appeared on the balcony of the Salon des Glaces in order to salute the Monegasques.
- 6.00pm : A cocktail buffet was offered to the Monegasques on Palace Square. The Mayor of Monaco presented the gift of the Monegasques to the couple.
- 8.00pm : The residents of the Principality were invited to a reception on the Port.
- 10.30pm : A large concert was offered by the newly-wedded couple on the Port. Jean-Michel Jarre presented a unique sound and light show.
- 5.00pm : Religious wedding in the Main Courtyard of the Prince's Palace.
The gates of the Palace remained open in order to allow around 3500 seated persons to follow the ceremony, which was broadcasted on giant screens on the Palace Square.
- 6.30pm : The couple leaved the Palace for the Sainte Dévote church in order for the Princess to leave her bouquet.
- The public could congratulate the couple along the procession route.
- 9.00pm : The official dinner and the ball took place in the Opera Garnier and the Casino Terraces.
- Midnight: A fireworks display concluded this dinner.
SATURDAY 2nd JULY 2011